The day started off the same as all the rest... with breakfast that started at least two hours after they said it was supposed to. I think it would take me some time to get used to the mix of Nepali time and Mormon time - a bad combination. But, we had our usual buffalo milk hot chocolate (to die for...
And our yak cheese... so tasty. Don't knock it before you try it.
Then the business team got together to do a lot more talking with not much accomplished.
And then another siesta and debate on whether we were going to head down to the construction site... of course after lunch because who would go down before?
So, a few of us (Danalee, Heather, Leah, with Chandra as our guide since I'm pretty sure they thought we'd get lost), decided to make our own side trip and went back to the rice terraces we were the day before so Heather and Leah could see them. We saw this cute brother and sister on the way out herding goats.
And the view with the crew (with me taking the picture) of Puranokot peak in the background where we had hiked to the other day. To give some perspective, we had hiked about an hour already to get to where we were taking this picture.
We made it back to the village of Duradanda and I loved this little temple close to the school we walked by often.
And this was the welcome banner they had up for us when we first came into the village. Little did I know I had a friend with me...
In my shoe! I failed to mention in my last post that with my hyper vigilance hiking through the leech fields on top of Puranokot, I didn't get one leech bite. Well, after coming back from the rice terraces, I thought my shoe felt funny, pulled it off... and I had a big fat leech in my shoe sucking my blood. Luckily, Braden and Danalee fished it out of my shoe and killed it so I didn't have to see it, but then I had to deal with all the blood dripping down my foot. I still have the scar on my foot.

The night ended with me being really sick... or felt really sick. I didn't actually throw up but would have if it weren't for the drugs they gave me. And I wasn't sick from the leech, if you were thinking that. I'm pretty sure it was something I ate. But, before I headed to bed and skipped the last night of festivities, I did get a cute picture of Danalee and our cute Nepali friend Prakrit (don't worry, he's 17 and not my type) who came with us from Kathmandu as an interpreter.
No comments:
Post a Comment