Friday, December 3, 2010

Adventures in Dating... The Case of Stupid Comments

Since it is going to take me till next year to finish up my Nepal posts, I'm interrupting those posts for another quick snippet into my dating adventures. Today's post centers around a poor choice for conversation starters when a guy is trying to meet a girl online. I totally get it. It's hard to find something witty to strike up an interesting conversation to get the other person to potentially write you back. It sometimes feels like you're playing soccer kicking at a goal from mid-field. Your chances of making it in... not so great. Especially when the goal itself grows hands and feet and keeps kicking your ball out. So, I digress. Here's what I got today from a potential bachelor on an LDS dating site. His screen name is iwbf. I would like to think his name stands for I Would like to Be Funny... except for I'm not. He's just missing a few letters in his name.


iwbf: hey so do u look like ur pics in real life? lots of girls dont actulally lol

me: Actually, I look even BETTER in real life.

It's not always a suprise why I'm still single with potential mates like this. I've made it to the bottom of the candy bag and all there is left are the hard, stale pieces of candy that no one wants.

No comments: