Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nepal Day 6... Bandipur, Bandipur, Bandipur

AND... More Nepal...

We got up early to leave Pokhara and catch a bus to Bandipur. It would have taken at least an hour to walk to the right bus station to catch our bus but the hotel owner was so nice he told us not only where to go but he also wrote the name of the bus station on a piece of paper in Nepali for us to show the bus driver so they'd get us off at the right place.

While waiting around, there was a cool spice market on the side of the street.


On the way to Dumre (where we caught the jeep to Bandipur), I caught sight of this great inventive idea - tying livestock to the top of the jeep for transportation.

We made it to Dumre and caught a jeep the 9 miles up to the town on the top of the ridge. Claire was inside (this was long before they were full)

And this is me hanging to the outside of the back of the jeep. We had about 6 of us hanging on the back so it wasn't as fun as I thought because I felt like I was going to fall off the whole time.

And... another one of me hanging on the back... at the beginning when it was still fun. Our room in Bandipur. We stayed in a room in the old Bazaar in town. It was pretty cool. And the view outside of our room was amazing. Bandipur downtown. By far the cleanest town we saw in Nepal. I took a walk around Bandipur while Claire was working on her papers for school.
The view of the Himalayas from Bandipur
Claire and I saw this symbol painted everywhere. I'm still not sure what it means but I thought it was pretty cool. The Bandipur Laundromat and communal bathing area

Four front doors to homes in the Newari style.
Bandipur
Sunset from Bandipur

No comments: