I'm all for people winning and being successful. It's when those "stars" get too big for their britches that I get a little annoyed. Maybe that's why I'm not the biggest NBA fan. Lots of egos in play. But this story has to do with the Olympics... not a place for whiners or poor sports, even... maybe especially... if you are considered an Olympic legend.
Mark Spitz, who won 7 golds in Munich is whining that the IOC didn't personally invite him and fly him to the games to watch Phelps break his record and win 8 golds in one Olympics. He wouldn't fly to Beijing himself because he wanted to make sure that everyone knew who he was. Really, just dumb.
You can read the rest of the story here. I can't waste any more time on dumb whiners. Poo Poo on Mark Spitz.
1 comment:
My thoughts exactly!!! Mark, grow up and quit acting like a toddler with a temper tantrum. Go to Bejing and just watch, you might even end up getting interviewed.
You are so yesterdays news, Michael Phelps rules!!!
Post a Comment