Friday, August 1, 2008

My Love Affair.... With Blueberries (Oregon Episode 4)

Have I ever mentioned that I love blueberries? I don't just love blueberries, I LOVE blueberries. I could eat those tastly little blue balls for hours on end and still love them afterwards.
I have to admit, I timed my trip home to Oregon to coincide with ripe blueberries as well as other things (like July 4th). It only feeds my love to have a brother with a blueberry farm, a mom who has a few rows of bushes herself in the garden, and so many other u-pick blueberry farms as choices.

Camille, Aidan & Mariah went picking with us one morning so they would have some berries to take back to Reno with them. I think Camille secretly, or maybe not so secretly, loves blueberries as much as I do.
Another day I was doubly lucky by spending some time at Doug's farm watching the pickers pick the first day of harvest as well as me picking into my own mouth. Doug had just purchased a monster of a blueberry harvester. It was almost as fun as a D-land ride!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We love your blueberry pictures. Sorry we missed you on your trip to Oregon. I ate the last of the blueberry picking after the picnic at the river with Matt, Doug and Tom.