Friday, July 30, 2010

What the World Needs a Little More of: Cow Bell Nature Valley Grand Prix Style

So it looks like I'll be catching up on my summer activities well into the winter with the rate that I'm posting things. Which is fine, as long as it makes you think that Minnesota isn't really as boring as it sounds.

A while ago, I coerced Claire and Carrie to join me at the Nature Valley Grand Prix in Uptown. One of my co-workers made it into the race even though he's an amateur racer so I thought it would be fun, unusual, and right up our alley to do. The Grand Prix was staged over several days in as many locations with riders being cut after each day. Some of the courses are out in the country like Tour de France road style. The Uptown race was a circuit course that made the riders circle around about 5 square blocks about 70 times riding as fast as they can.
You can't go wrong with good friends and good cow bell
The leaders of the pack
One of the riders. They were going by so fast it was hard to get a clear shot of anyone.
The middle of the pack. Not as fast, but still loved.

No comments: