Sunday, July 18, 2010

Duck Beach 2010 = High School All Over Again

The end of May found me finally finishing up planning for a house full of mid-20's to mid-30's single adults spending a weekend in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Apparently there's a big informal gathering, and when I say big, I mean probably somewhere between 500-700 of us, hanging on the beach for the weekend. And when I say house, I mean a three story 7 master bedroom house right on the beach in Corolla. With 35 of us in the same house. Yes, it was kind of a nightmare to plan. I won't lie to you. And, I was a little disappointed that it was more of a meat market than I had anticipated. I might as well have been back in high school at a tri-stake dance. Except for the fact that there were 100% more bikinis on the beach than there would have been at a stake dance. I'm just going to take a wild guess that they wouldn't have let anyone in a swim suit in the dance. Just guessing. However, I had some great friends there that made it more enjoyable and I got to spend the weekend with my little brother, Joe, who flew in from London to spend the rest of the weekend before he flew out to Phoenix.


The full sized truck that it took to get all the food for 35 people from Norfolk, VA to Corolla, NC. We shopped ALL day the day before for the food. It was NOT fun.
Relaxing in the house on the beach.
We spent one afternoon at the Wright Brother's Monument in Kitty Hawk. It was amazing to learn things about the first manned powered flight.
Standing from on top of the monument hill looking down on where they took off and the markers showing their landings.
Amanda, Adam and I playing on the metal plane.... it was HOT metal... on bare feet.
Marker of the first successful flight of an airplane
Life on the beach
Volleyball Tournament
Corolla lighthouse

No comments: