Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday... To Me!

I don't really advertise my birthday... to anyone. But since it is over and done with, I can now post about it without all the undue attention that it brings. The night before the big day, John and Angee hosted Family Home Evening at their house complete with LOTS of food and fun games.

You can't tell from the picture, but I am in the process of snorting like a pig. Fortunately, Ambri couldn't guess that it was me so she got to stay in the middle, which she loved.

To top it all off, Angee surprised me with a birthday cake! I don't LOVE traditional birthday cake, especially all the frosting. I don't think Angee knew this but she made this absolutely delicious chocolate and peanut butter two layer torte like cake drizzled with a melted chocolate and peanut butter mix. It was decadent!! Check out Angee's blog and you'll see how creative she is. The funny thing is, they had to re lite the candles several times because I had a host of happy helpers who blew out the candles before I even got a breath. I'm sure they also offered their share of spit on the cake as they were joyously blowing out my candles. Good thing it is all in the family. Did you notice the candles on my cake? I'm happy to report that I just turned 10 years old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!