While I was out of town in UT/ID for the family reunion/funeral/holiday/race I got a message from my friend Jen, who said she wanted to go out kayaking on Lake Calhoun. Although my list on the right says rent a paddle boat on Lake Calhoun, I would go with kayaking. I've been ocean kayaking in San Diego and lake kayaking on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala a few times and I really like it. Plus, a paddle boat would be more fun with a date or a good friend or something like that. Not with 5 people. So, short story, Jen was nice enough to postpone it a week so I could go!
So, last weekend, 5 of us set out on a beautiful kayaking excursion starting at Lake Calhoun, through Lake of the Isles, Brownie Lake, and finally to Cedar Lake. We relaxed for a while in our kayaks talking and then headed back. It was great to get out on the lake again and do some kayaking with friends. The sunny blue sky was a perfect tempertaure to go out and relax for a Saturday morning!
1 comment:
Looks like fun, Nat. We rented some kayaks this past Saturday on the Potomac River. Looks just like this picture. Are you sure you weren't there?
Post a Comment