I pose the following question to any sane person or anyone with at least semi-functional reasoning skills.
WHY, for the love of all things that are good, would ANYONE in their RIGHT MIND ever want to do yoga? EVER?
Tonight I made it through 30 min of a 90 min yoga routine and finally quit after my 5 millionth downward facing dog. It was torture, I tell you. TORTURE. From the first second of the first strech my muscles were rebelling and I thought at some point they would give up and just rip off their bone attachment points. Granted, I'm one of the least flexible people I know, it's true. I rarely stretch, if ever. Which I take full responsibility for. And is probably the reason I still have a pulled hamstring from the marathon in October.
But really? People really do yoga for fun? I'd rather run another 13.1 miles in the rain again than go through 90 whole min of yoga. Even with the chaffing in the rain, that sounds less painful than the yoga.
2 comments:
I love yoga. I am not flexible either, but I find it so relaxing. Maybe you need a better teacher, but the more I go, the more I like it.
Maybe I'll have to try it again. According to the workout routine I just started I should be doing yoga once a week.
Post a Comment