Friday, August 7, 2009

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off to Guatemala (and Belize) I Go

For the next two weeks:

- I will be wet
- I will be muddy
- I will be sweaty
- I will have blisters (hopefully not)
- I will have sore muscles
- I will have cold showers outside
- I will sleep on a cement floor (with my Big Agnes under me)
- I will have at least 200 new bug bites (maybe not with my full-power DEET)
- I will make at least 100 new friends and catch up with some old ones
- I get to see Tikal for my third time around (worth it)
- I will be traveling through Belize as a bonus - more Mayan ruins and sandy beaches with beautiful blue water.

It will all be worth it to help build a school and other things for these cute kids. Sadly, I'm packing both of my cameras to take with me. You all know how speedy I am at getting updates on my blog so be looking for something within the next month :). I'm excited to head out!

1 comment:

angee said...

Hope you have fun Nat. Good luck avoiding the bug bites. I hate bug bites!