Monday, January 24, 2011

Adventures in Dating: January Walk in MN

I know I've been lax about blogging this year. I think blogging about Nepal sapped all my blogging ability as well as the running blog (Run 2011). Soon, I'll start catching up on the left over 2011 stuff, including Christmas and a fantastic b-day party for my Papa Bear. However, this post needed mentioning or I would somehow delete it off my phone before I could get it posted. So, below is a transcribed voice mail I received last night. Actually, the call came in right as my flight for Minneapolis was getting ready to leave Miami. I saw who it was and let it drop to voice mail. My commentary is in (BLUE).


Hey Natalie, this is Johnny Rockett (Name changed to protect the innocent. Sometimes I wonder if I should just leave the real names in.)

Just calling to see if you'd be interested to go for a little walk this evening or maybe sometime the next little while. It's about 5 o'clock Sunday right now. (I already see a few issues with this... 1) This is JANUARY. In MINNESOTA. It's 9 degrees outside and -19 with the windchill. Yes, NEGATIVE 19 degrees. That's 100 degrees below where I just came from. Normally any other time of the year I would love a good walk but really? Let's be reasonable. 2) It's 5 pm. I feel like I'm north of the Arctic Circle. We still haven't fully come out of our days that are really nights. Where would he propose that we go and "walk"? Through the sky bridges in downtown so we have light and heat? Or maybe Mall of America... but then again, it is Sunday, so probably not. 3) Again, look at the time. 5pm. He wants to go walk right now. What happened to planing a little ahead?) If you'd like to today or sometime maybe next Sunday or sometime in the next week. It would be good to see you again. Sorry I didn't call back after the last time we went out. (We went out for a rather awkward date in November right after I got back from Nepal. I hadn't heard a peep from him till this rather awkward vm.) But hopefully we'll (who else besides you is hoping to talk to me?) talk to you soon. The phone number if you don't have it is xxx... (Yep, there was a reason I let you drop to voice mail) See ya. (Yep, we'll see)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

NO, you will NOT see him.